Thursday, January 24, 2013

Saab Wave



















I recently was given a 1989 Saab, similar to the one above.  It was one of our family's cars growing up, but nobody was really using it, so I paid the registration and transfer fees, had it smogged, and now I have a quirky old car.

Today I was driving the Saab and I saw another old Saab coming my way.  I felt that I should probably wave at the guy, since we were both driving old Saabs.  I did a very subtle wave, which was really just raising a finger off the wheel.

The guy very quickly and enthusiastically waved back.

I then thought, maybe this is something people in old Saabs do.  They wave at each other.

A little googling revealed that is exactly the case.   So.....I will now start waving at Saabs.  But only the old ones.

http://www.saabsunited.com/2009/08/do-you-do-the-saab-wave.html