Monday, January 14, 2013

Manny's Guitar Shop






































A few years back, somebody gave me a bunch of picks from Manny's Guitar Shop in NYC.  I had heard about Manny's even as a kid, but did not really know much about it, other than it was famous.  But I thought it was neat to have these picks from a famous place, so I tried not to lose them.

I eventually did lose all of them, though.

So on my last trip to NY, I decided to visit Manny's and get some more.

Turns out Manny's went out of business three or four years ago!  Googling revealed all kinds of celebrity mournings and last-time visits, but the shop was no more.

This is apparently what it looked like:






























As luck would have it, though, I actually found one of those Manny's picks, the one pictured above.  (Interestingly, I see how scratched up picks get by looking at this photo.) So now I really have to make sure I don't lose it.