Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Honey Contest




VS.....


A while ago I was in Oak Glen, which is a little mountain town north of San Bernardino known for locally grown apples.

They also sell things like raw honey.  Turns out most honey you buy is actually not honey, as it has had the pollen removed.  I am not sure why they do that, but there must be some reason.

They sold some honey there that still had the waxcomb in it, and came from Georgia.  It tasted quite good, so this inspired me to visit Surfas and buy some unusual honey.  I bought one jar from France, and one from Malibu.

I then held a honey tasting contest, and the overwhelming winner was surprisingly the local Malibu honey.

In the interim, I was at Bay Cities one day and saw some Tuscany honey.  This honey was amazing, and rekindled my interest in honey.

So.....this brings us to round two.  I have two kinds of honey.  The current victorious honey from Malibu, and the new contender, some honey from Chile.  (The Italian honey will also participate.)

Stay tuned for the exciting results....