Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Something Probably Only I Noticed





















I was recently sitting in Peet's on Beverly, looking across the street at the above view.

A painter was there on a ladder, applying a slightly different shade of yellow to the Mrs. Beasley's shop.

As he was painting, I noticed he was perilously close to the adjacent building, the brick Beverly Hills Jewelers.  I thought, "What if he accidentally paints some of those bricks?"  (Which made me think of a whole bunch of other issues that must come up with tenants who share a wall, but I won't go into all of those...)

As if responding to my pondering, a few seconds later, he indeed missed a stroke, leaving a splotch of paint behind.




























In real life, this spot is much more noticeable, even from across the street.

So I wondered what happens in situations like this.  Does anyone even notice?  Did the Beverly Hills Jewelry Store become upset?

The painter was unfazed; he just kept painting, making no attempt to remove his mistake.  In fact, I don't even know if he noticed himself.

It's two months later, and every day, I still see this spot of paint.   I believe I am the only person who knows about it.

And yes, this may be the ultimate "who really cares about that" post, but for whatever reason, I found it intriguing.  So next time you're in Peet's, look for the yellow splotch across the street...