Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Best Pizza I Ever Had






























While Santarpio's or Pizzeria Regina in Boston might come close, as well as quite a few Manhattan spots, and of course New Haven..... the best pizza ever, at least that I've had is pictured above.

Like all great things, or many of them anyway, it was found in Switzerland.  Which is ironic because Switzerland (aside from the cheese and chocolate) is known for pretty bland, maybe even bad food.

But this pizza was in the southern part of Switzerland, which is the Italian section.  It looks like Italy, everyone speaks Italian, the signs are in Italian, but.....it has the order, cleanliness, and punctuality of Switzerland.  (Well, it's a little more casual than the rest of Switzerland.  Instead of trains arriving exactly on time, every time, in the Italian section, they are 3 to 4 minutes late - occasionally.)

I am not really sure how or why this pizza was so good, but it was.

I bring this up because after almost a year with this computer, I finally got around to putting my own photos as a background / screen saver, like on my old computer, and this photo came up.

Here's a great swimming hole / cliff jumping spot just around the corner from this place. It's called Ponte Brolla and is good enough that they hold the World Champion Cliff Diving Contest there.   I took this picture about three years ago now.