Saturday, September 22, 2012

Food Friday (On Saturday): Tiptree Jam







































This is the most delicious jam in the world.

It comes from England, and used to be available at Gelson's.  (At $8 a jar!)  It was worth it, though.

Sadly, Gelson's stopped carrying it, and online, I could not find anywhere to order it.

On a trip to England, I saw that this jam is commonplace, and only costs a pound or two. They also have all kinds of odd jams there that I never saw at Gelson's, such as Tawny Orange, Ginger Fruit, East Anglian Strawberry, Danson, Quince, and Timperly Early Rhubarb with Vanilla.  I am not even sure what some of those are, really.

I always spread the word to people visiting England to pick me up a jar, and luckily somebody did this summer.  So I'll soon be opening this great jar to enjoy on some English muffins.