Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scott Stereomaster 222-D






















This is the Scott Stereomaster 222-D amplifier, on top of which is the Scott Stereomaster 350-D Tuner.  These are vacuum tube components from the mid-60s, and are supposed to have a warmer tone and better overall sound, at least to audio snobs like myself.  I especially like the slide rule dial for the tuner, and the wood casing.  

I was recently told that in good shape, these are worth $1500 each, which is great because I rescued them from my parents' attic years ago, so cost to me is nothing.

A summer project is to get these working properly again.  Of course, with "summer project" I make it sound like I will be opening up the back and tinkering around, which I wish I could do but sadly what I will actually do is take it to a repair shop.  

Note that underneath is a (slightly) less outdated piece of technology, a Series 1 Philips Tivo DVR, from about...1999.